Monday, April 1, 2013

Eastern Districts Orchid Society Meeting - March 2013


Doritis pulcherrima var champorensis
Hey Everyone,

yeah yeah I know, Long time no speak... no surprise there... I'm going to just give up saying that, and just write what I do, when I can :D.

Life gets amazingly busy sometimes, aint it a fickle thing, LOL

Well, I attended my wonderful societies March Meeting last week and as per usual it didn't fail to please.

There was an impressive number of plants considering it was the Easter long weekend and a lot of people would have gone away, and of course with the Brisbane Orchid Society Autumn Show set up being on the same night as well.

But, it'll definitely be our time to shine this weekend when we hold our annual Autumn Show.  It's amazing, and it's always good fun, with plenty of plants for sale, and on display.  Fingers Crossed, I might even win a prize :D


Well, on with the photos :D

Miltassia Supreme
Ascocenda Ken Kone
Doritis pulcherrima var champorensis
Oncidium Butterfly Papilio x sanderae
Paphiopedilum gigantifolium x praestans
Paphiopedilum Maudiae Dawn x Red Maud
Paphiopedilum primulinum x roebelinii
Paphiopedilum Mary Franz Smith
Paphiopedilum Mary Franz Smith
Paphiopedilum Snow Squall
Phragmipedium Westmount
Phragmipedium Lynn Evans Goldner
Phragmipedium Green Hornet
Phragmipedium Green Hornet
This Bulbophyllum had a name on it, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the Royal Horticultural Societies database so for now it'll have to remain unknown to me

Dendrobium Albertine
Cymbidium canaliculatum
Cymbidium canaliculatum
Dendrobium Enobi Purple
Dendrobium Masako Taki
Dendrobium Salaya Candy
Dendrobium Salaya Candy
Dendrobium Sonia
Rhynchosophrocattleya Glenn Maidment
Brassoepilaelia Golden Spice
Vanda lamellata
Vanda lamellata
Bulbophyllum careyanum
Bulbophyllum grandiflorum
I know I've seen these before, and it's a species.... but I forgot to take a photo of the tag so I don't have the foggiest Idea of what it is :) LOL
Closeup of the above plant
Epidendrum porpax.  This thing had HEAPS of flowers, but I just loved the positioning of these comparative few... it most certainly out-shined mine on the night :D
Catasetum species (forgot to take a photo of the name tag)
Catasetum species (forgot to take a photo of the name tag)
Coelogyne species (forgot to take a photo of the tag)
Coelogyne species (forgot to take a photo of the tag)
Cattleya bowringiana
Bulbophyllum species (forgot to take a photo of the tag)
Bulbophyllum species (forgot to take a photo of the tag)
Paphiopedilum helenae
Phragmipedium longifolium
An interesting deformed Dendrobium in which the dorsal sepal and the two upper petals merged
Phramipedium Memoria Dick Clements X Phragmipedium richterii
Well, until next time,
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'd love it if you'd make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think and all comments are read, and replied to, to the best of my ability at the time.

Happy Gardening :)